What is included in a Room Design Package?
- Furniture Specification and Ordering Information for All Items included in the budget for the room
- Accessories, Art and Lamp Recommendations and Ordering Information
- 5 to 15 Options of Scaled Floor Plans / Furniture Layouts of similar room type
- Paint Color Suggestions ‐ Pallet for Accent colors and main colors (walls, large furniture items)
- Professional Basic ideas, tips & creative suggestions for decorating
- Shopping Guide with links for each item to an online store
- Other Room Design Package that will mix well with the your room
- Additional Bonus items, that can be substituted or added to the Room Design Package
My budget is tight; will I have to spend a lot of money when I implement your design and purchase all items that are suggested in Room Design Package?
- We divided recommendations for Room Design Packages based on budget. There are several options for most items on our Design Pages with Affordable, intermediate or Sophisticated budget brackets, so you have decision making options.
- Budget includes full prices of items (not on sale). Please add 10‐15% for any additional freight and taxes expenses where applicable.
Where do you source the furnishings?
- We source from many different vendors, depending on budget and style. We only use items that can be purchased online. Most of the items are also offered in retail stores so you can experience the pieces (i.e. Ikea, Macy's, and many more!)
- Most of our items specified from retailers that have stores throughout the US. Certain pieces, however, might only be available online. Some small decorative items and only about 5% of our selection overall.
- When we source from online‐only vendors, we try to use sites that have free/low‐cost shipping and free returns.
- We do not recommend things that cannot be found online (i.e. things from small boutiques, thrift stores, or auction houses) as we cannot guarantee that the items will still be in stock when you are ready to buy. Additionally, we do not use flash sale sites for our main Room Design Package (i.e. Gilt Groupe, Overstock, Wayfair) because their items sell out quickly and are not reliably in stock. However you can see items from those stores on TRENDS page.
In the Room Design Package do I order the recommend furniture and furnishings directly, or do I have to place my orders through POLINA STUDIO?
- All recommended items can be ordered directly by you via the internet. We have a large list of sources, which vary depending on the style of the design and client budget. We give you a project specific list of al items included in the budget, with the name of each source and the respective website address so the ordering is simplified. Our designs include furniture and furnishing from online sources that you may know and some you have yet to discover. Sometimes we will suggest options (if available) for some items from different sources so you can select where you would like to order from – leaving you in control!
What information about my room do you need from me?
- We don’t need any information about your room or space. There are going to be no surprises and no waiting. What you see is what you get. As soon as you purchase the design, you will have access to all information about where to purchase furniture; 5‐15 relative to the room layouts; suggested colors and ideas.
- We will NOT collect photos and information about your room from you. There is no need for any exchange. All you need is to measure your room and make sure to purchase the right size furniture for your room.
- Furniture and furnishings can be ordered directly by you, online, from your own home. As your furniture and other furnishings arrive at your door, simply place your furniture in the room according to suggested layout (5‐15 plan layouts, relative to a room type are available with every package) that fits your needs best.
Do you work outside NYC?
- Yes! We specify furniture and accessories that are available throughout the US.
Do you work outside US?
- We can only recommend prices and availability for stores within US. Any items outside US might not be available in same color, size or price. However, the design is already put together for you and some items can be substituted with similar size, design and shapes.
I’d like to use some of my existing furniture in the room. Can I use things I already have in my room design?
- Absolutely! You can certainly integrate your existing items into the new design. If the existing item is similar and you would like to keep it you can mix it into new design and save some $$.
How long does it take to receive my Room Design Package?
- Instantly. As soon as you proceed with the check‐out – you will gain access to your Room Design Package page. All information described above, is accessible there for your use. There is also printer friendly option available on the page.
Do you design Kitchens and Bathrooms?
- Kitchens and Bathroom require more detailed and personal approach. We are glad to suggest few designers that would be perfect for the job:
I don’t know which Room Design Package to order. Can you help?
- Of course!
- If you would like us to give you our professional evaluation of the space prior to ordering any of the Room Design Packages, we offer a Room Review Service.
- For $265.00 we will analyze your room and help you figure out how it could look better with our Room Design Packages that are already available online. You will receive an evaluation with three suggestions on which available Room Design Package would work for your space. Please allow 5‐7 days for the delivery of your Room Review Service recommendations. In that case you will need to send us some information that you can fill out on our website when you register.
What is one of the items is sold out or discontinued?
- Most of the items are available in stores for 3‐4 month or longer. There is always a similar item from the same store that might be a good substitute.
- For some large items we will post a substitute on that particular Room Design Package page that you have access to when you sign in after purchasing the design.
- If 50% or more of your Room Design Package is no longer available, within a 30 days of the Room Design Package purchase – we will reselect sold out or discontinued items for and post it on the Room Design Package page.
Do you take Individual projects and clients?
- In some cases we will work on specific projects within NYC area.
- Minimum budget for FF&E not including Design Development, Construction documents or Renovation Costs should be no less than $75,000‐$100,000